Wednesday, 17 February 2016

WINTER ESSENTIALS 2016


Hello Everybody!
It is currently still winter and in the UK, temperatures are still getting colder! So today, I thought I would share with you a few of my winter essentials which are helping me get through the cold weather.

Body Shop Vineyard Peach Body Butter

I have mentioned this before, and that would be because I am obsessed with it. From the actual product, to the scent, I love it! The Body Shop sell so many amazing scents and you can get this body butter in so many! But the one which I have, is Vineyard Peach. As for the actual product, it is the best body butter I have ever tried. Now, thats quite a bold statement considering I have tried quite a few different body butters. I think the main reason why i like this is because it isn't sticky and it doesn't leave my hands feeling all greasy and grimy. This is perfect for things like dry feet or just moisturising in general. This is slightly more on the pricey side at £14.00. I actually brought this as part of a set for £7.50 in an outlet store in the christmas sales. However, when I run out of this, I will definitely be going to buy a new one, full price, from the body shop. No doubts about it! If you haven't tried this, go into your local body shop and take a look! You can even try out the different scents with their testers, I guarantee that you will find one that you like!

EOS lip balm

You may have heard of these lip balms, I know they were particularly popular around this time last year. I have to admit, at the time, I wasn't really sure what the big hype was about and why they were so expensive, (£6.50) for a lip balm. However, I do really like mine.  The one I actually have is Passion Fruit, which is the purple one. I like this brand in particular because it doesn't have that horrible sticky, slimy texture to it and it leaves my lips feeling soft and not chapped for quite a while, even if I'm out in the cold! I know you can get these from Urban Outfitters, but other than that, I haven't seen them any where else. The EOS website is http://evolutionofsmooth.com and they sell them all on there, but if you are from the UK, you can't change the currency to English. I know they also sell them on the boots website, so just have a look around and I'm sure you will find them!

Scarfs


One place I always find gets quite cold in the wind and cold weather is my neck, so I have actually been wearing my scarf quite a bit recently. The one which I have is a check one from Peacocks, which was £5, but I know they sell a really similar one in Primark for the same price. I really like slightly longer scarfs at the moment, but aren't wooly, so I found this one at the start of November and I fell in love. I like it because you can wrap it around yourself and stay nice and warm even in the freezing cold weather.

Zoella Creamy Madly Dreamy Body Lotion

I prefer to use this on my hands, opposed to the Body Butter from the Body Shop and this is also quite a bit cheaper. I find that Zoe's body lotion is so much nicer on my hands because you can massage it in and again, it isn't sticky. I actually have both of her body lotions and I use them both on a regular basis. I know she also has a hand cream, which I haven't actually tried yet. But if your looking for a good body lotion or hand cream at a affordable price, definitely try this because I love it. It also has a really lo
vely scent, which actually reminds me of winter!

Wooly Jumpers

Who doesn't love a wooly jumper? I know I do! And, lets face it, they are perfect for this type of weather! I actually only have two wooly jumpers, a cream one, from Blue Inc, and a black one, from New Look. I tend to wear my wooly jumpers with jeans, usually ripped. I find that wooly jumpers go with most things, I'm just not that adventurous!

Zoella Soak Opera 

I love this. I use every bath, except from when I use a bath bomb. You can actually use it as a shower gel and a bubble bath. I don't use it as shower gel, I use it for the bubbles. This has the original scent, which I really like and is perfect for relaxing after cold, stressful day. What better way to relax than in a nice hot bath?

Treaclemoon Iced Strawberry Dream Shower Gel

For the past few weeks, I have used this every bath and shower. I love the scent of it and there are so many different ones to choose from. The one which I have is the Ice Strawberry Dream scent and it smells amazing. I got mine from Tesco, but I know you can get them in Superdrug. They are definitely worth the purchase and for me is a real winter staple. The scent is really fresh, which kind of reminds me of summer. It is helping get through the cold weather, when what I want now is the sun! This is also super affordable and is pretty impossible not to love! If you have tried any of the other scents, let me know which ones you like, because I'm getting to the end of mine and I don't want to have to
go without one!

Yankee Candles (particularly christmassy ones!) 

In the last paragraph, I said that I wanted summer, I am now going to contradict that! I have recently discovered Yankee Candles and I have fallen in love! I have got a few left over from christmas, so I have been burning them over the past few weeks, holding onto the christmas spirit as much as I can, even 2 months later! The ones which I have really loved recently are Snowflake Cookie and Sparkling Snow. To be fair, any Yankee Candle I will be happy with, but christmas ones at the moment are my life...

Limited 12 Colour Eyeshadow Palette 

Finally, an eyeshadow palette. I got this a couple of weeks ago from Marks and Spencer. I was £12, so a bit more pricey than drugstore eyeshadow palettes, but I've actually used it quite a big and is good value for money. Although, I do have to say that some of the lighter shades don't come out very strong, I think they would definitely work better with an eyeshadow base. But other than that, I am obsessed with it. It has every shade which you could want, from gold shades, to smoky shades! I think this is perfect for the winter when you want an easy eye look or you just want a palette with a wide range of shades!

I hope you enjoyed this little winter essentials post, let me know some of your own essentials in the comments below. Also, share this post with your friends and give it a good ol' +1. (I like those!)

Also, if any of you know a good site where I can get a cheap domain, let me know because I w
ould really like my own domain. Make sure to link it below, so I can take a look! Additionally, if any of you know how to create a good blogger template/ layout on the standard version, let me know, because I would quite like to make my blog look a bit nicer! I would be very grateful!

Thank you for reading!
See you next week for another post!

Love,
Abby x


No comments:

Post a Comment