Friday, 22 January 2016

JANUARY FAVOURITES (COME EARLY!)

Hello Everybody!
So I have some explaining to do...
I haven't posted in about 2 weeks, which is actually quite a long time for me. I haven't posted because I haven't had much inspiration to write and whenever I started a post, I didn't like it, so my drafts are now FULL of posts which I have started and not finished! I will be going back to normal from now on and I have a couple of posts planned and I am in the middle of writing next weeks post (which should have been this weeks!) Anyway, on with the actual post!
***
As you may have realised (or I should hope you have!) it isn't technically the end of the month yet, however, the post which I have been writing isn't yet finished, so I didn't want to post it without pictures or anything and it just being really bad, so I thought I would swap round the post order. I was going to do this post next week, but hey, who cares?!
I haven't done a proper favourites post in quite a while and I have A LOT of favourites at the moment, so I thought that I would share them with you!

The Body Shop Body Butter- Vineyard Peach

I am obsessed with this at the moment! I got this in the boxing day sales as a set of two for £7.50. I gave the other one to my mum, but the one which I have is the Vineyard peach scent. It is a very peachy scent, but it smells AMAZING. I love putting this on my legs, feet, hands etc. I like the fact that its not overly greasy, so after I have used it, it doesn't leave my hands too sticky or slimy. It is a really nice consistency. To be honest, I can't fault it and I use it all the time! The Body Shop have so many amazing scents, so if you haven't checked them out, defiantly do! I've heard so many people recommend The Body Shop's fragrance mists, so I really want to try that! If you have any suggestions for a particular scent, let me know in the comments!

Zoella Body Mists

I have both of Zoƫ's body mists, both of which I have started using so much more in the past month! I originally only had the original scent, but I started to use it quite a lot and I really like the tutti fruity scent, so I went out and brought it. I really like these because
they are both really nice scents. I found that the classic scent is a lot stronger when you spray it and it is a really nice warm scent. Obviously, the tutti fruity one is the summer collection (and I brought it in the middle of winter!), so it is a much lighter scent, but I love them both! These are both £8.00, which I personally think is a great value for money!

Yankee Candles

Over the past month to two months, I have developed a slight obsession with candles! I have several candles, but the three which I particularly love are part of the christmas collection. These three are snowflake cookie, christmas eve and snow in love. Making the most of those christmas scents! Plus, the christmas scents are half price at the moment! I have the little small jars because I thought that these were really cute and would look really nice on my shelf. Snowflake cookie is a really lovely scent, which you don't expect to be very strong, but when you burn it, it fills the room with a really christmassy cookie smell, which I adore. Snow in love is quite a subtle scent, which smells amazing, but you can't really smell it when it is burning, unless you get quite close to it. Christmas eve, again is a very lovely scent, which reminds me so much of christmas, which is the point I guess, but either way! I can't quite pinpoint what the scent actually reminds me of, so if you have smelt this, let me know in the comments what you think it smells like!

Quizlet

This is a flashcard app which I have been using to revise for tests and to be honest, I think it saved my life! I find it really hard to sit down and revise as I simply just get bored and I don't end up taking the information that I need in. So I discovered this app where you can make flashcards and learn them, practice them and test yourself on them using test features and a match game. This was free, so if you find it hard to revise by reading something and you get a bit bored like me, definitely try this app!

Real Techniques Multi-Tasking brush

I got this brush as part of the christmas limited edition set and I love it! I find it great for sweeping on powder or applying blusher or bronzer! It is really soft and fluffy and it gives a nice even coating of whatever I'm applying to my face!

Maybelline Colour Tattoo On & On Bronze (I think this is the one I have)

I got this a couple of weeks ago and have actually fallen in love with it. If this is the one which I have (shade wise) it is a really soft beige colour, with a hint of brown to it. I really like this as a base colour, blended with a slight bit of Tanya Burr's Velvet Cushion and Tanya's Teddy bear through the crease.
This give such a nice brown smokey eye, which I am really loving at the moment! This was £4.99 and I would definitely buy more of these in different shades!

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer- 1 Fair

I wasn't sure on this at first, but I have actually come to really like it! I really like the coverage of it and the shade matches me perfectly. I originally thought that it would be a bit light, but I tried it because the next shade was a bit dark and it was perfect! This was £4.19 and definitely worth it! It stays really well and is just amazing!

Covers and Mashups

I have been watching a lot of covers and mashups over the past week and I have been obsessed with a few of them, so I thought I would link a few of them below instead of talking about them for ages:

The Weight of Seeing you again (Shawn Mendes andWiz Khalifa ft Charlie Puth)

I want to know what you did last summer (Shawn Mendes and Zedd)

The wild weight (Shawn Mendes and Troye Sivan)

Wildest Dreams vs Good for You (Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez)

Conor Maynard's Cover of Stitches

There are obviously loads more, but these are a few of the ones which I really liked!

Unicorn Horn

A couple of months ago, you may remember when I said I didn't really like Lush... I am now obsessed with their products! One which I really like at the moment is unicorn horn which is a really nice and calming lavender scent. In America, (I think?!) They have little starts in theirs, but in the UK we don't, which I was a little gutted about! Either way, I really liked this! It was a bubble bar and it created amazing bubbles! The lavender was really strong when it was in the packet, but once it was in the bath, it wasn't as strong which was really nice!

So thats it for my favourites this month! Let me know what you have been loving in the comments! I'm so sorry I haven't posted much in the past month, I will be going back to normal posts from now on! Thank you for sticking by! I love you all!

Love,
Abby x

No comments:

Post a Comment