Saturday, 9 January 2016

HOW TO: GOLD SMOKEY EYE LOOK | DRUGSTORE PRODUCTS

Hello Everybody! 
I'm really sorry I haven't posted in quite a while! I have been quite busy and haven had much inspiration, so I didn't want to give you something really bad. I have been working on this post, so here it is... enjoy! 
Recently, I have really enjoyed doing a gold smoky eye look, especially around this time of year. So today, I thought I would share with you how I achieve this look. In this tutorial post, I will only be using drugstore products, so the products which you get from places like Boots and Superdrug. Obviously, you don't have to use the same products as I am going to use, you can change it to suit your preference, whether that is more expensive or cheaper! The main focus of this tutorial is on the eyes, but I will also be sharing which products I use on the face and lips. 

To begin with, I take the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in the shade ivory. I use the concealer stick and take it under the eyes, blending it using a Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush. This brush is great for concealer as it is quite small and precise. I prefer not to use it for foundation as it ends up taking longer and for me, I don’t find it covers as well as a bigger brush such as a buffing brush.
After I have blended the under eye concealer, I then move onto any spots and blemishes which might appear on the skin. To do this, I take the concealer and put it onto the back of my hand, as this way, it stops bacteria from spreading into the concealer pot. I use the same brush to blend this into the skin.

Next, I move onto the foundation. For this, I use the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in the shade ivory. I pump one full pump onto the back of my hand and use a Real Techniques Buffing Brush to buff it into the skin. After foundation, I take the Rimmel 24 hour stay matte powder in the shade transparent and use a Real Techniques Contour Brush (which I am not using for contour #brushrebel) and take this all over the skin. Finally on the skin, I take the Collection Sculpt and Highlight palette. Using the highlight, I take a small amount on a Real Techniques angled highlight brush and take it across the cheekbones. I then move onto the eyes aka my favourite part!

The first thing which I do is take Tanya Burr's Cream Tea from the Fairytale Eye Palette. I take this over the whole lid using a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush. I find that Cream Tea is a really nice base colour for most eyeshadows, especially the MUA ones. You don't have to do this, but I find it looks quite nice with a cream base. I then take the shade Aurora from the MUA Heaven and Earth Palette under my eyebrow using the same brush. This shade works really nicely as a highlight. I think that any cream colour which has a slight shimmer to it would work really nicely. Of course, you could also use a powder or liquid highlighter as well! Next, I take the shade Lion from the MUA Undressed Palette using the base shadow brush again. This shade is a really lovely gold and is the perfect colour for the base of a gold smokey eye. The Undressed Palette has some really nice colours, which I defiantly recommend if you want a cheap eyeshadow palette of good quality. Through the crease, I take the shade Bronze Ore from the MUA Undressed Palette, using (surprise, surprise!) the base shadow brush. For this, you just want to blend the colour just above the eye socket and wing it out slightly more in a triangle shape towards the outer corner of the eye. I then like the blend it a bit more using the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. I find that this gives it a nice smooth finish. I don't include eyeliner to this look on a regular basis, but if I do, I use a black crayon across my waterline. I also think this look would look really nice with a winger eyeliner, however, I don't actually have one which is actually any good at the moment! Of course, next I take my trusty Maybeline Falsies Mascara across my top and bottom lashes. I LOVE this mascara and I talk about it so much! I really recommend it! Finally, I move onto my lips, where I apply a coat of lip butter or lipstick. Usually, I go for either Rimmel Kate Moss 107 or Collection Lip Butter Vintage Rose. 

I hope this tutorial has helped you and you enjoyed it! If you try it out, make sure you tweet me a picture, my twitter is @abbylouiseblog
Thank you for all of the support recently, it means a lot! I love you all!

Love,
Abby x

No comments:

Post a Comment