Sunday, 20 December 2015

CURRENT FAVOURITES | BLOGMAS DAY 1

Hello Everybody!
It is Day One of my christmas specials! It is also 5 days until Christmas! So for todays post, I will be talking about a few of my current favourites!

Collection Work the Colour Lip Butter 

This is quite a recent purchase of mine, but I am in love with it! In fact, I fell in love with it the second I tried it! There are many things which I loved about this product, but one of the main things is the colour. The one which I have is 3 Vintage Rose, this is a subtle pink colour, which I think is perfect around christmas, especially if you don't like a bold red lip or a daring pink. This is defiantly a step up from a nude lip, but a dolled down version of a bright pink. It's not too bright but you can see the pink. I love it! Since I brought earlier this week, I have worn it everyday! I also like the shine it gives off because it is a lip butter. The colour also winds up, so you can change it to the angle which you like. This was £2.99 in Superdrug, but I'm pretty sure you can get this in Boots as well! I also really like the packaging as it is perfect for throwing in your handbag and just for in the make up bag. I really can't find a fault with this! If any of you have tried the other colours, please let me know what they are like and which ones are best!

Candy Mountain- Lush

Okay, okay, okay, yes I think I am becoming obsessed with Lush, I know I said that I didn't like it, but lets just forget about that! I am currently on my second one of these. I love the scent, however, like I said in my Brighton haul when I brought this, it is a sweet scent, so if you don't like sweet scents, you won't like this. I do really like sweet scents though and I think this was my favourite out of all the ones which I purchased. The bubbles which this creates are amazing! If you haven't tried this, Lush fan or not, you NEED to go to Lush as soon as possible as I think these are part of the christmas collection (correct me if I'm wrong) and I'm assuming they leave soon!

MUA eyeshadow Palette Heaven and Earth

I think I have spoken about this once or twice before, but I have recently become obsessed with this again! The colours in this palette are mainly browns and golds, which I think are perfect around this time of year! I generally use four colours when using this palette at the moment and they are Catacomb, Babylon, Golden Sand and Amber Dune. As a base, I mix together Catacomb and Amber Dune as this gives a subtle brown, which is really nice for a gold eye. I then use Golden Sand from my inner corner through my crease to the middle, then using Babylon in my outer corner through the crease. I find that this gives a really nice gold eye! This palette is £4 and great quality! If you are looking for a good eyeshadow for an amazing price, this is one for you!  Let me know if there are any other MUA pallets which I might like!

VSCO cam

So this is something different in one of my favourites posts! This favourite is an app. In fact, this is an editing app. I use this app to edit all of my photos, whether they are for personal use, my blog, or my social medias! I found this app a couple of weeks ago and it took my a while to get to grips with it at first, however, now I know the ropes of it, I love it! I like this app because you can see how your photos together, which is really helpful if you have a theme on Instagram as it means that you can see what your photos look like together. If you are looking for a good app to edit photos with, this one is for you! You can pick many filters and choose how strong you want them. It is also free! I know it is available on the Apple store, but I'm not sure where else you can get it. If you know, leave it in the comments for other people to see!

Notebooks

I have recently managed to collect quite a few notebooks and I love all of them! I particularly like ones with patterns on the front because they look really cool! One of my favourites which I have been using at the moment is the one which you can currently get with Shout Magazine. It has cute little patterns on the front in rose gold, black and white. My favourite doodle on it is one that says "Do you even vlog?" The notebook is currently available in Shout magazine. I generally tend to write post ideas in this notebook as I often run out of ideas, so I am going to find this really useful in the future!

Blue Neighbourhood- Troye Sivan

Of course, I had to include music in my favourites! This month, it currently happens to be a bit of Troye. Obviously, I love Troye's music, but I am OBSESSED with Blue Neighbourhood! If you haven't already listened to it, buy it on iTunes or listen to it on Spotify (or whatever your preference is!) There is not a single song on there which I don't like! As usual, Troye pulled it out of the bag!

So thats about it for todays post! Let me know some of your favourites in the comments below! I look forward to reading them!
I hope you are enjoying my Christmas specials so far!
See you tomorrow!
Love,
Abby x

No comments:

Post a Comment