Sunday, 1 November 2015

OCTOBER FAVOURITES

Hello Everybody!
I can't believe it is November already! Is it just me or has this year gone really fast?

Due to it being the end of the month, I thought I would do a little round up of my favourites from this month! It feels like ages since I last did a favourites post! There have been quite a few things I have been loving this month, which include songs, looks, products and clothing!

1. Rimmel Kate Moss 107 Lipstick

I mentioned in my last favourites post about Rimmel 38 being my favourite summer lipstick. At the end of my ramble about this lipstick, I think I mentioned wanting this, so thats what I did, I went out and brought myself a Rimmel 107. I can honestly say, this has overtaken Rimmel 38 as my all time favourite lipstick. This lipstick makes me feel so Autumnal, even though I will probably still be wearing this in the summer next year! I think the main reason why I like this lipstick is because it really matches my skin tone and doesn't stick out like a sore thumb with my outfits. 107 pretty much goes with anything! If you are looking for a lipstick which is perhaps a little more bold than you would usually go for, but isn't stand-out bright red, this ones for you! (or if your just want a new lipstick to try!) I would describe this shade as a wine colour and it is matte. This was only £5.49 in Superdrug (and many other places!) which is actually a really good price for a lipstick of amazing quality like this! Overall, if you don't have this in your life, you are missing out!

2. Zoella Rose Gold Vanity Case

If you are a follower of Zoe Sugg, you will know that she has recently released her new range and Christmas range! Very exciting! Anyway, I picked this up in Superdrug as I really liked the colour and the shape. I know she has ones very similar to this in her other range (which isn't christmassy!) but I preferred this one as Rose Gold is one of my favourite colours! The size of this is really good if you are struggling to fit everything into your old make-up bag. I really like that it has the transparent (I think this is what it is called?) section in the middle as this makes it so much easier to find what you are looking for! If you are a bit like me and have perhaps a little bit too much make-up, then this is what you need in your life! It also had a sturdy handle on the top which is really useful for transportation! I think that this would be very good for holidays/ a weekend away as your could put your hair brush, shampoo and conditioner, toothbrush and much more in here as well as your make up! There is so much more in her new christmas range which I am sure is also amazing, so if you want to pick any of it up, make sure you head over to Superdrug and FeelUnique.com! This range is only available over christmas so make sure you get what you want as after christmas it will be gone!

3. Frilly Socks

Okay, I have to admit, these have been a bit of an obsession of mine for a couple of months now, but I haven't mentioned them before, so I thought I would tell you a bit about why I like them (*insert laughing face emoji*) The frilly socks which I have been wearing a lot are from New Look and are £1.99-£2.99 per pair. I really like these because they have a really nice frill on them and show really nice over the top of shoes like converse. If you are like me and roll the ends of your jeans up (My skinny, ripped jeans are really baggy at the bottom, does anyone else have this problem?), these will look even better because you will be able to see them better! I also like the Primark ones, however, these aren't as good as the frill isn't as nice as the New Look ones as it doesn't sit right all of the time. However, these ones are much more reasonable in price!

4. Flannel Shirts

I love flannel shirts. I like to pair mine with a Ringer Tee and high wasted black or blue ripped jeans. Of course, I also wear frilly socks. The ones which I have at home are actually red, but I would really like to get a blue one as I think that would also look really nice too!

5. Curly/ wavy hair

If you have naturally really curly hair, you probably think I am mad, but recently I have been trying to get my hair slightly curly! I generally tend to do this by plaiting it when it is wet then letting it out in the morning or evening. This works quite well for me, so if you do this, let me know how it goes for you and any tips! When I take my plaits out, I just run my hands through it and leave it. Sometimes, I clip bits back or do a half-up, half-down do. Either way, I have really liked this style recently!

6. Grey Nail Polish

The nail polish which I have been wanting for a little while now is Duvet Day by Tanya Burr, but I don't actually have that, so I have actually used a different brand on my nails which is a very similar shade. I'm not sure which nail polish I used because the writing on the bottle has scratched off, but I remember correctly, it was originally part of a christmas set which I got a couple of years ago! I wasn't sure what to expect with a grey nail polish as I usually go for pastel colours, so I thought I would step out of my comfort zone and go for a grey. I really like it! It gives off such an autumnal vibe!

7. Adele- Hello

Along with the rest of the world, I have been LOVING Adele's new song, Hello. If you haven't heard it yet, you need to check it out! I believe it is currently number one! Let me know what you think of it in the comments below!

8. Sounds Good Feels Good

Being the 5SOS fan which I am, of course I have downloaded their new album! I don't think there is a song on there which I don't like! My particular favourites include Castaway and Permanent Vacation! I think Permanent Vacation is one of my favourite because it reminds me of last years tour! In fact, I am very lucky to be going again next year to Sounds Live Feels Live! If any of you are going, I hope you are looking forward to it! Also let me know your favourites from the album!

9. Sorry- Justin Bieber 

Finally, I thought I would finish of with Justin Bieber's new song. I wouldn't say I'm a Justin Bieber fan, but I have actually really liked his songs recently! Especially his latest song, Sorry. I have had this stuck in my head since I first heard it!

Thats about it for this weeks post! I hope you have enjoyed this post and be sure to let me know what you've been loving this month in the comments or leave a link to your own blog with your own favourites post! I will be sure to check it out!

I would just like to add that I am nearly at 1000 reads on my blog (I currently have 924) which is so exciting! So I would just like to say thank you so much to everyone who reads my blog and for all of your support! I never even thought that I would get one read on my blog let alone this many! I really do hope that you enjoy my blog and if you do, please be sure to follow me! I think (?) there is a link in the side widgets where you can follow by email!
I love you all so so so so so much!

Love,
Abby-Louise x

4 comments:

  1. I really like grey nail polish but I'm so lazy with my nails I just never manage to paint them! :L lovely post :) xxx
    www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So am I! So if I paint my nails, it is very rare! But this has definitely made me want to paint my nails more! xxx

      Delete
  2. Darling, this post is so beautiful! Awesome! I can’t wait to see the new one!

    p.s. new post about how I met Victoria Beckham already on my blog

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Will be sure to check your blog out! xx

      Delete