Wednesday, 14 October 2015

HOW TO: DIY POLAROIDS

Hello Everybody!
Ever had that perfect polaroid moment but don't have the camera? Or maybe you just want to make a polaroid out of some of your old photos? Either way this post is for you!
So for this weeks post, I thought I would share with you a little technique which is great if you have ever wanted to make your own polaroids, but don't happen to actually have a polaroid camera.

I'm sure most of you lovely readers already know what a polaroid is, but if you don't, this is what they look like:






What you will need: 

Wooden Pegs (optional)
String or something to hang them on (optional)
Blue-tac
Pictures
Photo paper

Making the polaroids: 

The website which I use to make my polaroids is PicMonkey. I really like this website because it is so easy to use! Of course, you don't have to use this website, you could use powerpoint or another application which you are familiar with, but this is just the one which I will be using.

So to begin, you want to go to http://www.picmonkey.com and click edit for free (top right corner). This screen will then come up:
 You will want to change the background colour to a dark colour so the polaroids show up on the background. I usually change mine to black. You can do this by going to canvas colour. Next you want to add your polaroid frame onto the screen. You can do this using the overlay tool, which is the little butterfly.


Using the same tool, you can add your own photos and you have your polaroids!


You now want to save these and print them out on photo paper. You can now hang them how you wish. I recommend hanging them on string our ribbon and clipping the photos to the string using wooden pegs as this looks really nice!

Make sure you send me your recreations of the polaroids by tagging me on twitter @abbylouiseblog! I would love to see them!

Sorry this post isn't very long, I've been very busy lately and didn't have time to write a post in time for Sunday when I normally post, but I didn't want to leave you with out a post!
I hope this helped you in some way!
Love you all!

Love,
Abby-Louise x

10 comments:

  1. Cool! Nice tutorial ♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually so cool, I love the idea of using them around our room for decorations like you mentioned. Really want to try this now! Xx
    The Style Icon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try this 100%! They are so quick and easy! I'm glad you like it :) xx

      Delete
  4. thank you sooo much for this post! I love taking pictures and what i've always wanted was palaroid. yes, it's nothing compares to the real camera, but it will be so nice to have pictures like that in my room :) thanks once again!

    http://mynameissylwia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, make sure you tweet me pictures to my twitter @abbylouiseblog :) xx

      Delete
  5. I use picmonkey too, but had no idea you could make polaroids on it, awesome! I'm definitely going to have to try this out.

    My blog--> www.flobean.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this post helped you! Make sure you tweet me pictures!

      Delete