Saturday, 26 September 2015

ITS OKAY TO BE A GLOWSTICK...

I get a lot of support on my Finding Yourself post, so I thought I would do something similar as a new post.

I found this quote a long time ago and have liked it ever since. I think this quote is something that shouldn't be forgotten. Its okay to be shy, quite, hidden, not part of the 'popular squad". But who cares? Sometimes we need to break before we shine brighter than the others. I feel like this very much relates to everything I have already said in my Finding Yourself post, but I feel like this is VERY important. 
Today, we are judged upon what we are like. Quiet, shy, loud, outgoing, mean, caring, horrible, wonderful. You could be the nicest person, but not appreciated because of it. However, there could be a popular person who is horrible. How is this relevant you ask? Because I want to make it known to people that you don't have to be popular to be amazing.

Life isn't about being popular, how many friends you have, its about having a good time. Life too short to worry about these things. After all, you only live once! In this lifetime, you should follow your dreams and don't care what everyone else thinks. If you wanna start a blog or YouTube channel, do it. If you want to become an actor, make it your goal. The best things come to those who wait and try their hardest!

Always remember, in life, we make mistakes, but we have the chance to fix these. So if you ever have that chance, take it! I am a big believer in everything happens for a reason!

Linking back to the glowsticks. Think about it this way:
For a glowstick to glow, you need to snap it before it works.

Just like us. We all get our chance to shine in life, we just have to be patient.

I'm still young and haven't experienced much in life, but I do know that we are in this world for a reason. Even though you may not be the most popular person in your 'Squad', school, work or college, always know that you are loved!

It is easy to feel excluded or unimportant. If you have ever felt left out, make this known and if you still feel left out, their clearly not worth your time! And to those of you who have ever excluded someone, its okay. We've all done it! But you have a chance to fix that, make sure you include everyone and don't be-little anyone!

It's okay to be a glowstick; sometimes we need to break before we shine!

I don't really know what inspired this post! I was going to do a September Favourites, however, I had an idea for this post. I may put up a September favourites later on in the week!

I came up with the idea for the post while listening to Troye Sivan's new EP Wild! I love it! I hope this post helps some of you! If it helps just one of you, it means the world to me!

Please leave some comments below! I love hearing from you guys! I love you all so much!

Love,
Abby-Louise x



4 comments:

  1. You said it girl, truly admire, value and appreciate the way you wrote this and all so very true! Beautifully said and your point is on point so much so I have to include this in my September favourites! <3

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! Thank you so much for all of your support! X

      Delete
  2. Well said! Lovely post♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete